One of the most stubborn fats are the abdominal ones. It takes a lot of time, commitment and patience to eliminate them and put your muscles in the front row. But besides that, sometimes we cannot go to the gym and work out, because of our daily schedule.
Don’t need to worry about it, because when you’ve finished reading this article you will be a lot closer to what you desire. There are three sections for abdominal exercises (Oblique, lower abs and upper abs). In order to have a proportional abdominal area you must do the exercises for all three sections. Here are four of the best abdominal exercises for women, which can be practiced at home, and which don’t require any kind of training equipment.
This exercise is mostly to strengthen your core by using your own weight. This exercise is able to burn a lot of calories because it engages every abdominal muscle there is. Exercising this exercise regularly will improve your balance and posture, reduce the pain in the back and enhance your coordination. But, be very aware that if you are overweight or you are dealing with pelvic pains, you shouldn’t do it.
- To prevent from elbow injuries use a mat.
- Go in a push-up position and bend your elbows.
- Make sure that your shoulders and your elbows are lined up perfectly.
- Adjust your spine to be completely parallel to the ground.
- To hold you spine and back in the position, tighten your stomach, and hold that position.
- In order to come out of that pose, you must stay for at least half a minute.
- Breathe normally!
2. Mountain Climb
This exercise might be the best one, it is engaging every abdominal muscle, every three sections of the abdomen. It can provide quite a look, and it burns a lot of calories very quickly as well. It is a test for your coordination, balance, agility and mostly your endurance. The motion that is happening in this exercise is enhancing your flexibility and stimulating a healthy blood flow! However if you are pregnant or you are having some back pain, we recommend you not to do it, because it is quite a physical exercise.
- In order to achieve the maximum from this exercise, you must position your body correctly.
- Go in the push-up position, with your hands and shoulders in a perfect line.
- Place your feet apart, and line them with your hips (hip distance)
- Suck your belly in and align your spine parallel to the ground.
- Simply tuck one leg in, towards your chest and put it back.
- Then repeat with the other one as well.
- Continue exercising, you can also accelerate the exercise if you can keep up.
3. Russian Twists
When it comes to strengthening your lower back and your core, Russian twists are the right exercise. It is engaging every abdominal muscle in the area. This exercise is perfect for women to tone their abdominal region and burn a lot of fats. The exercise will also improve and increase the stability and the flexibility. Once you get used to the exercise, it is very fun!
- Sit on the floor or on a mat.
- Plant your feet on the ground and slightly bend your knees.
- While maintaining a straight spine, suspend your torso for 45 degrees off the ground.
- Put both palms in front of you, where you can see them.
- Move your hands from one side of your hip towards the other, while rotating your torso from the abdominal area, and then reverse.
- Do this motion for about 30 seconds, than have a brake for 1 minute.
Your entire abdominal muscles are engaged by this exercise. It will test your flexibility, stability, agility and endurance. It is a very effective exercise which can be preformed in your home. It improves your posture, it strengthens your core, and what’s even better it burns a lot of calories! But if you are dealing with osteoporosis, or you have a back pain this exercise should be avoided.
- Lie down on the floor, on your back. Place your feet on a comfortable distance from your waist.
- Put your hands behind your head, with your elbows pointing towards the outside.
- Then slowly tilt your chin towards the chest, and tighten the core muscles.
- Then slowly lift the torso of the floor (you will feel an impact on the core muscles).
- Hold the highest position for about 3 seconds, than slowly return in the starter position.
- Do 12 repetitions of this motion.
Share this article with your family and friends if you find it interesting and helpful!