37 million U.S citizens are suffering from sinusitis right now, this is a condition in which the sinuses are infected, it is also called sinus infection. Many of the people who suffer from this disease, are saying that it is truly a serious problem that affects their lives very much. Mostly this disease in many cases is treated with antibiotics. With antibiotics, it can help for a short period, but in a longer-term it is truly a disaster, it doesn’t help at all.
This disease can become chronic, and can last for weeks, sometimes even months and years, so it is wise to treat it right away when it occurs, give it the attention it requires. Here are the symptoms of the sinus infection:
- Runny nose
- Post-nasal drip
- Nasal congestion
- Colored and thick nasal drainage
- Head congestion
- Facial swelling and pain
- Decreased senses, smell and taste mostly
Treating the sinus infection with antibiotics, in 90% of the cases is returned right after the therapy. According to the studies of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, sinus infection is in the group of the most expensive diseases, and the treatment methods for it are not good, because 90% of the patients return for another treatment after awhile.
No one seems to be getting to the root of the problem. According to studies, most of the cases with this disease, are not caused from an infection, but from an immune disorder that is caused from the fungus. A study which was done in 1999, has shown that the fungal organisms were involved in the mucus of 96% of the patients that had a surgery for a chronic sinusitis, also the inflammatory cells were being clumped around the fungus, and this gives us the answer that this was all because of an immune disorder which was caused from the fungus.
Mold spores and fungus, are in the air most of the time, so they are inhaled commonly when breathing, which is why most people have buildups of fungi in their sinuses. But the only people who will experience an immune disorder, are the ones that are suffering from chronic sinusitis, because that way they will experience the symptoms of the sinusitis.
The researches have found that the fungicide had a huge effect in the decreasing of the nasal swelling and the decreasing of the inflammation, in the patients which suffered from chronic sinusitis, during the next research which they took a little but further. The researchers from the study believed, that a new anti-fungal medication is about to be developed for the treatment of this condition.
Why are anti-fungals better than antibiotics? Because antibiotics are making a fungal condition even worse. Read below to prevent from a sinus infection and lower the risk of getting one.
Make Your Body Less Hospitable to Fungus
When the body tries to fight and destroy the fungus, your immune system is damaging your sinus membranes, which is why sinus symptoms are caused -- the researchers said. To prevent from the reaction of the immune system, and to fight the fungus, try creating an environment that is very hard for the fungus to thrive. We give you the best natural cures for the sinus infection:
- Consume Cod Liver and Fish Oil : Consume these two oils daily, because of their richness with omega-3 fats, EPA and DHA, which are very good to maintain your immune system in a healthy condition. Don’t even think about taking any omega-3 supplements, they are synthetic, they will not provide the same benefits as the oils. Consuming these two oils on daily basis, will not only improve the situation with your sinuses, but they will also improve your health in general, also will improve the function of the brain and will also reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and cancer.
- Avoid eating Grains and Sugars : The fungus is feeding on the grains and sugars you consume, so reducing the consumption of these two ingredients will be necessary, if you want to keep the fungus under your control.
- Avoid eating the 10 most Mycotoxic Foods : Here you have a list of these foods, which contain mycotoxins, that you need to avoid.
- Consume Coconut Oil : Because of its richness with lauric acid, which is very beneficial and antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal. But be careful which coconut oil you choose, some of them contain a lot of fungal toxins. Try the oil from Nutiva which is 100% organic. They contain these toxins because they are made mostly from, dried coconuts, copras, and these contain mycotoxins. So if you want to experience the benefits from this oil, make sure you choose a brand that uses fresh coconuts, for example you can use Tropical Traditions virgin coconut oil.
The physical activity will cause your sinuses to expand more, which stimulates more air circulation and this will make the mucus to move through your sinuses. This will clear every particle that is contributed with the irritation.
According to a study, humming makes you exhale more air through your nose and helps in the cleansing of the sinuses, which lowers the risk of getting a sinus infection if it is done on daily basis like a routine.
Clear Your Sinuses Without Medication
To clean your sinuses and prevent from a sinus infection and its symptoms, you can wash your nostrils with salt mixed in water on a room temperature. Also breathing in some essential oils will provide some benefits. If you are not willing to use antibiotics, and want to do it naturally, try The Clenzology Advanced Hygiene System, which will help you in case of this infection.