These modern lifestyles we live are filled with a lot of stress, and are very harmful because there are way too many toxins and chemicals that are affecting our body. In order to maintain our overall health and take care for our well-being, we can only detoxify our body, because in that case only we will be supportive. There are some natural ways that can help you detoxify your body, they are also relaxing, cheap and very simple!
The greenish-blue algae, spirulina is filled with thousands of amino acids, antioxidants, enzymes and minerals. You can make your skin softer, revitalize it and nourish it by bathing in spirulina. The spirulina has the ability to eliminate the harmful compounds from our cells and replace them with the healthiest nutrients. With this method you will also relieve from fatigue and aches in your muscles, also you will prevent from colds and flu, and prevent the lactic acid from building up in your muscles.
In the spirulina bath you can also add some Epsom salts, it will create a process that is known as reverse osmosis. Many toxins and waste material will be eliminated with this process, also your body will be able to absorb a lot more sulfates and magnesium.
Add these ingredients in a warm bath:
- Half a cup of sea salt
- Half a cup of spirulina, mix in a small amount of warm water
- 5 drops of essential oil (grapefruit, bergamot or lime)
Top 10 reasons to start using Spirulina
- The spirulina is able to remove toxins and heavy metals, as well as other pollutants in the blood, because of the big amounts of chlorophyll that it contains, which is the main ingredient for detoxification.
- Spirulina can alkalize the body, therefore boosting the function of your liver, which is one of the most important organs in the detoxification process.
- It contains huge amounts of vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6 and B9 (thiamine, riboflacin, nicotinamide, pyridoxine and folic acid).
- Also it is commonly alternated with the chlorella, for body detoxification.
- There are 8 mg of calcium contained in a tablespoon of dry spirulina, a lot more than the raw spirulina.
- It is also very rich in other minerals and vitamins such as zinc, selenium, iron, copper and vitamin E.
- The spirulina is able to prevent from cell damage, due to its powerful antioxidants that it contains, such as the beta carotene and pycocyanin.
- It is a rich source of proteins, it contains a lot of amino acids as well, it has 4 g in a single tablespoon.
- Since it contains bioavailable iron, it is a perfect ingredient for people who are dealing with anemia, and pregnant women.
- It is rich in an essential fatty acid, called the gamma linoleic acid. This acid is contained in one only other place, in the breastmilk. It has very strong anti-inflammatory abilities, especially if it is taken along with some other omega-3 supplements.