The accumulation of uric acid in our body is causing the appearance of a very unpleasant arthritis type, known as Gout. This disease is forming crystals in our joints and around them. It is followed by a chronic pain in our joints and inflammation.
Mostly this condition is treated with medications like anti-inflammatory drugs that are non-steroidal, but these drugs can provide very unpleasant side-effects.
In the article below, this condition is explained in detail, and also there is a way to treat this condition naturally, and we would really like you to know it.
The risk of developing gout is increased with the consumption of alcohol. A study from 2004 which was published in Lancet, has shown that beer is increasing the risk of gout very much. Therefore you want to lower the consumption of alcohol, and drink more water, in order to prevent from this condition.
The fructose can be used as an energy source, but first it needs to be converted into glucose by our body, and in the process of converting the body is releasing uric acid. Increased uric acid levels, are keeping our blood pressure low, because they are triggering the production of nitric oxide.
The high intake of fructose is very likely to turn in LDL (bad cholesterol, and later it is stored in body fat it is not used. But the fructose in fruits do not provide these effects, because that fructose is totally different from the one that is added into foods and drinks.
The effects of fructose have been confirmed scientifically, by the study that was published in the Journal of Pediatrics which included 5,000 teenager participants, which drank juices and fizzy drinks. And from the study was concluded that the increased consumption of these drinks is causing our uric acid levels to rise, so does our blood pressure.
There are also a few more studies which have proven these facts. For example there was a study that lasted for 12 years which included 46,000 men, and it was published in the British Medical Journal.
The study concluded that the consumption of fizzy drinks increased the risk of gout, and that the risk was doubled in people who consumed more than 2 drinks on daily basis.
Also another study was done which included 80,000 women and lasted for more than 22 years, and at the end of the study 778 of the women had developed gout.
From these studies, it was concluded that the gout and these drinks are connected, because the researchers have found out that women who drank one drink a day, have 74% greater risk of developing gout than the ones that consumed one drink in a month.
And the ones that drank about 2 or 3 drinks on daily basis had two and a half times greater risk of gout.
Most of the foods we are consuming contain a lot of purines which are substances that later are turned in uric acids inside our body. The purines are very beneficial for us, because they are very needed for our DNA and our DNA replication as well.
The risk of gout is also increased if you are on a diet that is high in proteins, therefore you want to increase the consumption of oily fish, herring, red meat, organ meat, sardines, salmon, lentils, beans, and peas because they are very rich with purines. But don’t consume them too much if you are dealing with gout, you need to put a limit on them.
To reverse the process of this condition and prevent from it you need to do the following things:
- If you are already suffering from gout, try to avoid meat, beer and cheese as much as possible, or at least limit the intake of them.
- Avoid foods that are rich with protein such as mussels, crabs, chicken, oily fish, shellfish, lentils, porridge and beans.
- Make a smoothie from banana, cherries, pear, apple and pineapple for breakfast, add some ginger in it, and a little bit of almond milk, and some chlorella if you want to alkalize your body.
- Pineapples and cherries are very powerful and strong, which makes them able to remove uric acid from our body.
- Blackberries, blueberries, cherries and bilberries are very rich with bioflavonoids, which makes them able to reduce the levels of uric acid.
- Try to increase the consumption of sweet potatoes, celery, quinoa, brown rice, and amaranth.
- You need to drink at least 2 liters of filtered water on daily basis if you want to reduce the levels of uric acid in your body.
- The purines are able to boost our metabolism, and and reduce the levels of uric acid in our body, therefore you want to increase their intake as well.
Share this article with your friends if you find it helpful and interesting!