You can take the benefits of the morning lemon water to a whole new level by adding turmeric and ginger in it. The strong combo contains potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which make it able to treat many health issues, improve your digestion and detox your blood and liver as well.
This natural remedy has the ability to treat fatigue, sore throat, cough, cold, irritable bowel syndrome, seasonal allergies, chronic pain and many other health issues.
Even though that sometimes fresh turmeric root is hard to find in the supermarkets, grocery stores or even the healthy food stores it is recommended to use it for this remedy.
Lemon Turmeric -- Ginger Tea
- 2 teaspoons of organic, raw honey
- 2-3 twists of black pepper (in order to increase the turmeric’s bio-availability)
- A teaspoon of fresh ginger root or half a teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 1/2 cups of filtered water
- Half a lemon juiced
- A teaspoon of grated fresh turmeric root or half a teaspoon of turmeric powder
Put the water on heat, and after a minute or so you can add the ginger and the turmeric. Therefore, simmer them together for about 15 minutes. But don’t boil them, after that strain the mixture and store it in a mug. Then you may add the lemon juice and the honey to boost the taste and the benefits of it!