We are all aware how the sugar is affecting us in a bad way, but it seems that very few people have the strength and character to ditch it away completely.
It is almost impossible to completely eliminate sugar out of your life, because it is added into almost every drink and food that we consume on daily basis, and the worst part about it, is that it is very addictive.
According to a study from Queensland University of Technology, the excessive intake of sugar is increasing our dopamine levels, it is the same as the cocaine does to us.
Scientists say that in order to decrease the levels of dopamine in our body, but avoid depression at the same time is to eliminate it and avoid it for a very long time, that way we will have positive results.
You know that you are a sugar addict when you simply cannot resist or ignore the tasty smell of a chocolate cake.
Here are few of the most important reasons to avoid the sugar and eliminate it from your life:
- Increases the risk of diabetes
- Depletes the body minerals
- Causes premature aging
- Causes arthritis
- Prompts hypoglycemia
- Weakens the eyesight
- Produces ulcers
- Triggers adrenal fatigue
- Subdues our immune system
- Engenders gallstones
- Increases the levels of serotonin
- It is highly addictive
- Has no nutritional value
This is why we have prepared a seven day sugar detox menu in order to help you overcome the sugar addiction. Take a look at it below!
7 Day Sugar Detox Menu
- Breakfast: Baked eggs with some cheesy spinach.
- Morning Snack: Tamari almonds.
- Lunch: Green salad with some low carb cheesy sweet pepper peppers.
- Dinner: 1/4 cup of part and fat skim ricotta cheese, 3 drops of vanilla stevia and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Breakfast: Sundried tomato feta frittata
- Morning Snack: Tamari almonds.
- Lunch: Raw vegetables and spinach.
- Dinner: Turkey lettuce with some sauteed spinach, peppers and mushrooms.
As a snack throughout the day you may take a few cheese sticks.
- Breakfast: Peanut butter protein smoothie.
- Morning Snack: 3 boiled egg whites.
- Lunch: Turkey lettuce leftovers, with some cucumber, sweet peppers, and tomatoes, along with a green salad, with extra virgin olive oil or regular olive oil, and a little vinegar.
- Dinner: A veggie soup with some grilled chicken, and you can add a few herbs in the soup as well.
- Breakfast: Santa Fe Frittata’s.
- Morning Snack: Cheese sticks.
- Lunch: Grilled chicken cilantro salad.
- Dinner: Crock pot chicken along with small bites of Zucchini cheese and a bean stew.
- Breakfast: Santa Fe Frttata’s.
- Morning Snack: Raw vegetables dipped in spicy Mediterranean feta sauce.
- Lunch: A soup with cucumber, tomatoes, sweet peppers, along with a green salad with some regular olive oil and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Dinner: Cheesy bread sticks.
If you want an extra meal, you may have a vanilla chia pudding once this day.
- Breakfast: Crust-free egg muffins.
- Morning Snack: Raw vegetables dipped in spicy Mediterranean sauce.
- Lunch: Cheesy bread sticks.
- Dinner: Chicken drumsticks with some Zucchini noodles along with lemon and garlic.
You can have 3 hard boiled egg whites if you want a snack throughout the day.
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs along with some sauteed spinach and mushrooms.
- Morning Snack: Half a cup of cottage cheese.
- Lunch: Light vegetable soup with some zucchini soup.
- Dinner: Chicken drumsticks with the green bean salad leftovers.
If you want an extra snack take the dairy-free, sugar-free chia pudding.