A quite challenging task, can be the making of a healthy desert for your guests, your family or your friends. But how do you make it to be tasty? Well there are options that can satisfy both, be tasty and healthy for our body.
The traditional brownies we know, are full of unhealthy ingredients like processed sugar, flour, and a lot of pasteurized hormone filled dairy.
Also the classic brownies increase your blood sugar, which causes to trigger the cortisol and insulin, and this is followed by the hormone imbalance, mood issues and a lot of weight gain.
But the recipe for the brownies we are bout to tell you, which are full of healthy ingredients, including antioxidants, fiber and a lot of healthy fats is amazing! They are very tasty, even the most picky eaters will adore these healthy brownies, and everyone who tries them will be surprised when they find out what they are made of.
Benefits of Avocado Brownies
One of the most nutrient foods on our planet is the avocado. One medium sized avocado is full of critical fatty acids, essential amino acids, antioxidants, which makes them one of the best anti-aging food that you can find on the market. They are also considered to be a super-food.
This fruit is also able to increase the fat metabolism, this is due to its richness in the oleic acid, which is a monounsaturated fat. Also the avocados area rich source of the powerful antioxidants, zeaxanthin and lutein, and vitamin E as well (tocopherol).
Oxidative stress can be reduced with these antioxidants, and much healthier cellular environment can be provided. Other beneficial elements in this fruit are the folate and potassium. These ingredients prevent from acid wastes, because they are alkine forming in our body, they will get rid of the toxic and acidic waste that was accumulated in our blood stream and our tissues.
Grain Free Avocado Brownie
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of sweet cooked potato
- 3 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of creamy nut butter (tahini, cashew, almond)
- 1/2 cup of mashed avocado (about half of a medium sized avocado)
- 1/2 cup of dairy free chocolate chips
- Put the oven to heat on 325° F.
- Get a medium sized pan and grease it with coconut oil or put parchment paper on it.
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender, except the chocolate chips, mix it until the ingredients become one.
- Then when you are finished with blending, add the chocolate chips and stir well, then add it to the pan.
- The mixture will be sticky and thick, so you want to level out the batter across the pan with the back of a spoon, and edge it to the corners, and make the surface smooth.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, remove it and let it cool down. Then you can slice the portions.