All of us know how important it is to do daily exercises, and we know that they have a huge impact on the emotional, physical and mental health of ours. But besides knowing these facts, in some days of the week you simply can’t do it, you don’t have the time for it. Simply because you are busy person, who has a lot of meetings, works over-time or you’re always on business trips.
Therefore the latest studies that came out, concluded that a fifteen minute walk each day, will increase your life for almost seven years. Sixty-nine people who were between the age of 30 and 60 were participants in a study, from which was found that the ones that exercise daily or at least walk for several minutes were more likely to experience anti-aging benefits.
Walking For Heart Health: The Link Between Walking and Cardiovascular Health
Three studies were done in the Harvard University about our cardiovascular health and waking, and the next few things were concluded:
- Female nurses (72,488) -- the risk of getting a heart attack was lowered for 35%, the risk of getting a stroke was lowered by 34%, due to the three hours of walking in a week.
- Male health professionals (44,452) -- 18% lower risk of getting a coronary artery disease, due to the 30 minutes of walking in one day.
- Male graduates of Harvard University (10,269) -- 22% lower death rate, due to the nine miles of walking in a week.
6 Benefits of Walking Everyday
1. Walking lowers the Blood Pressure
Many studies have shown that, walking more intensively will lower the high blood pressure, and prevent from its symptoms.
2. Walking boosts your Mood
Walking can rapidly boost your mood, did you know about this? A study that was done in 2016, has shown us that 12 minutes of walking will increase your self-confidence, attentiveness and will boost your mood.
3. Walking can control or prevent from Diabetes
According to a study from Harvard University, females who are walking for at least half an hour a day, lower the risk of getting diabetes by a fantastic 30%. Also walking was proven to be an effective way to shrink very dangerous fats in the abdominal area, which is very likely to cause diabetes.
4. Walking improves Cognitive Performance
A study has shown that there is a very close bond between the cognitive performance and walking, in adults as much as it has in children.
5. Walking can Improve mobility and Reduce pain
An article was published by the American Heart Association, in which was explained that walking is improving the loss of mobility, especially in people with peripheral artery disease (PAD).
6. It can reduce the risk of Cancer
Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention both have done a study on how walking affects us. They concluded that females who were walking at least 7 hours a week, reduced the risk of getting breast cancer by 14%. According to a study by the Harvard University, men who were suffering from prostate cancer, and walked for three hours in a week, reduced the chance of recurrence.
How to Make The Most Out of Your Walk: Walking Exercise Tips
- Wear your most comfortable shoes. Look for stiff heels and flexible soles, or low heeled and lightweight shoes. Try to avoid as much as you can, stiff soled shoes.
- Swing your arms normally. Pump from the shoulders and bend them to 90 degrees. This will produce a workout for your upper body and will allow a quicker pace.
- Look straight with your head, and place your chin parallel to the ground, try to keep your shoulders relaxed, loosen up.
- To burn a little fat, you need to pick the right place, because you need to walk around 3.5 miles an hour. Speed up with smaller steps.
- To make your walk even more intensive, and if you want to burn more calories, try walking up on the hill, or up and down your stairs.
9 Easy Ways Walk More
- Instead of elevators, take the stairs
- Get off a few stops earlier, when you are in a public transport
- Walk home from work, or school
- After your lunch go for a several minute walk, don’t sit around and gain fat
- When listening to a podcast, don’t sit down, walk around
- Make a family event of walking after dinner, also you will spend more time with your family
- Park your vehicle a little further from the place you need to go, instead of parking it right in front.
- Try walking with a dog, if you don’t have one, take it from a friend or a adopt one
- Try the “walk and talk” method meeting at your workplace
You can provide many health benefits from walking every day, it affects your mental and physical health more than you think.
Don’t sit at home, do nothing and be bored, just grab a pair of comfortable shoes and go for a walk, you can put some music on your cellphone and have good time by yourself or along with your friends or family.
Another sources linked in The Hearty Soul’s article:
Featured image source: theheartysoul.com