Even though that antibiotics saved millions of lives, people are still turning towards nature. They are searching for a natural alternative, because not only the scientists, but the people are also aware that they become resistant do certain drugs and medications. Which is also the main reason why researchers are looking for an answer in the nature, when developing new medications.
It is very wise to keep a few natural antibiotics at your home, especially if you become very sick, and you can’t find the required supplies at the moment. Watch the video below, it shows 5 natural antibiotics and what they should be used for, also they are with medical proof, so don’t be afraid to use them.
CAUTION: Never replace a medical advice or a professional diagnosis, or a treatment that your doctor prescribed. Always seek medical advice first, never replace something that a professional told you, with something you have read about in an article on this website.
Below, we give you some of the best natural antibiotics that every home should have at any time:
1. Oil of Oregano Pills -- we think that this is the most effective natural antibiotic herb, it takes 1,000 pounds of oregano, to make 1 pound of this oil.
Researches have said: In the University Medical Center in Georgetown, this oil was tested in vitro on the staphylococcus bacteria. The researchers concluded that a small amount of it, replace 100% of the regular antibiotic. Also a medical Journal, has published a study, which has shown that this oil contains a lot of antibacterial properties, against 5 of the most harmful bacteria, mostly against the e-Coli.
Thymol and carvacrol are the two active compounds of the oregano oil. On Dr. Axe’s website, we found a post in which he said, that the carvacrol reduces and treats bacterial infections, parasites, fungal infections, tumors, candida, inflammation and viruses.
A lot recommend to take oregano oil only 2 to 4 weeks at a time, but we think it is better to take it in a pill form, because of its strong nature. Also you should know that this oil is anti-fungal and anti-viral.
2. Olive leaf -- Also one of the popular herbal natural antibiotics is the leaf from the leaf from the olive trees.
Researches have said: Not every research told that they are an alternative natural antibiotic, but the leaves seem to be providing good effects against some stomach bacteria, and they also contain anti-fungal and anti-viral properties like the oregano oil.
3. Garlic Cloves -- The active compound in the garlic is called allicin, which is only found in the fresh garlic. Also the garlic is a huge source of antioxidants. If even an aged garlic can provide amazing benefits and effects, imagine what the fresh and young garlic can provide, imagine how healthy it is for us.
Researches have said: Its antimicrobial properties have been confirmed by many studies and professionals, and one study concluded that the garlic is a perfect replacement of the gentamicin, but without the side-effects on our kidneys. According to another study, the garlic is able to boost our immune system and it shortens the common cold. Also it is anti-viral and anti-fungal.
4. Goldenseal -- it is most commonly used for infections of our mucous membranes and for inflammation, it is a very astringent herb. It contains a lot of antimicrobial alkaloids, including the berberine. Actually it prevents bacteria from getting on the tissue surface. The Goldenseal is very effective against protozoa, and it is anti-diarrhea and anti-fungal.
Researches have said: Its activity against MRSA has been proven by the University of NC. In another study, fish were infected by bacteria, part of them were treated with regular antibiotics and the other part were treated with the goldenseal. The ones that were treated with regular antibiotics were 84% recovered after the therapy, and the ones that received the goldenseal were 87% recovered.
5. Vitamin C -- the immune system can be strengthened with the increasing of the vitamin C levels. The vitamin C can be decreased when you are under stress or you are sick. Therefore, maintaining the vitamin C levels is very important, especially when you are sick or under stress.
Researches have said: Vitamin C’s ability to kill a resistant culture in vitro, was found by the Albert Einstein College Of Medicine in NYC, and they also found that you can’t get resistant to vitamin C.
Many people take vitamin C, if they are having a cold or a flu. For an adult 1,000mg of vitamin C three times a day, is enough to heal the disease in 2 to 4 days maximum!
6. Echinacea tincture -- respiratory, antibacterial, genitourinary and digestive tracts. It is perfect for sore throat.
7. Andrographis paniculata -- sinus issues, upper respiratory tract infections and antibacterial properties. Perfect for a cough, headache, and a sore throat.
8. Manuka honey -- perfect for MRSA and wounds, due to its antibacterial properties.
9. Bee propolis -- anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and it treats respiratory infections too.
10. Colloidal silver -- it treats toothaches, respiratory ailments and it is a natural antibiotic. The colloidal silver has proven to be able to kill 600 different germ strains, and other regular antibiotics have been able to kill only a few of them. It is also used for sinus infections and ear infections.
The colloidal silver can be very effective in case of a toothache, it is very easily absorbed. Swishing the colloidal silver in your mouth for a few minutes every day, will keep your teeth healthy, and will prevent from toothaches.
11. Oregon grape -- helps with urinary and intestine tract, and it is antibacterial.
12. Tea tree oil -- it is proven to be very effective against fungi and yeast, and against bacterial infections too. It is a powerful natural antibiotic.
13. Grapefruit seed extract -- it is antiparasitic and anti-viral, it is a broad spectrum antibiotic and a fungicide.
14. Forsythia suspensa -- it is a broad spectrum antibiotic too.
15. Coenzyme Q10 -- it is effective against bronchitis and upper respiratory tract, and it is a natural antibiotic.
16. Bromelain -- a powerful natural antibiotic, which is also very effective against bronchitis.
And don’t forget that these are just suggestions, and they are here only for informational purposes. And if you want to try some of them, make sure to first consult with your doctor or a health specialist, because you never know, something might make the situation worse. And if you have already tried some of them, and there are no effects provided or your situation has worsened, visit your doctor right away!
Share this article with your friends, let them know the benefits of the top natural antibiotics that they have some of them at home!
Disclaimer: Please remember that the shared information, is not a
substitute for medical advice from professionals, or any treatment/diagnosis,
it is simply, information. Always try to ask for advice from a
specialist or a health provider. Do not, disregard any medical advice,
or treatment you were given from specialists, because of something
you’ve read here. We repeat, it is nothing close to diagnosis or
treatment, it is information only!