Boost your digestion and improve the quality of your sleep with this simple mix of coconut milk and turmeric.
We all know that the turmeric is one of the most used plants all across the world, it was included in more than 8000 studies which were done by scientists, in which its abilities and properties were explored and confirmed. It is able to cure from inflammation and blood pressure, to diabetes and depression, to immune system support and liver detoxification.
This is an ingredient that is highly recommended by many experts, which means that you want to have it at all times. And the best thing about it is that it is pretty easy to find and it is cheap, it is easy to include into your everyday diet and has a neutral taste.
Most commonly the turmeric is used in broths, curries, herbal supplements and teas. Each one of these ways is perfect to include the turmeric in your daily routines and use it as a healthy food, also you can add it into many meals, and you might be already familiar with that.
Many people have fallen in love after they experienced the healthy benefits of this ingredient. They have been adding it into many stews and soups, in their pasta sauces, tossed in the potato sauces as well, and included in many healthy smoothies as well. And all of them have reported the positive benefits, and they highly recommend the use of turmeric because it will have a huge impact on your health as well!
The easiest way to consume the turmeric is to add it in your tea. Just slice a smaller piece of the turmeric root and put it in the pot of tea.
Also the turmeric has the ability to improve your quality of sleeping, by adding it in a magical elixir that will provide something miraculous, take a look below and see what it’s all about.
Coconut Milk and Turmeric Bedtime Elixir
A warming and delicious drink you can prepare is the turmeric-infused coconut milk. This elixir has been made many centuries ago, and it has the ability to improve your digestion, prepare you for a restful sleep and calm your nerve system. The effects and results will be noticed after the ingredients of the drink are don with the healing and replenishing of your body.
- 12 gently crushed peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, squirt of liquid stevia or raw honey
- A tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of powdered turmeric or 2 tablespoons of fresh, peeled turmeric
- 4 cups of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of peeled, fresh ginger or 2 tablespoons of powdered ginger
- Put all of the ingredients in a saucepan, except the coconut oil and mix them well, and put them on heat.
- Once the mixture starts to bubble, let it for about 5 minutes and then remove it from the heat.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and strain it through a fine strainer or a few layers of cheesecloth, if you want a smooth texture.
- Put the coconut oil and stir well.
- Taste the mixture and add the honey, maple syrup or stevia if you want to sweeten the mixture.
The Health Benefits of it and Why We should Consider It an Elixir
- Nutmeg -- This is a natural relaxant, but in smaller doses.
- Ginger -- Due to its powerful anti-inflammatory properties, it has the ability to get rid of the symptoms of bursitis, arthritis and many other musculoskeletal issues, and also provide some calming effects on our digestive system. It promotes great sleep quality due to its high melatonin consistency.
- Turmeric -- It has the ability to soothe inflammation, protect our liver and support the health of our joints and brain.
- Coconut Oil and Coconut Milk -- The fat and the fiber that are contained in the coconut oil and milk are the ones that are improving the quality of our sleep and balance the blood sugar levels.
- Black Pepper -- The absorption of turmeric is enhanced by the piperine that is contained in the black pepper . There are some other healthy nutrient contained in it such as iron, vitamin K and manganese, and mostly this is used to calm some digestive issues. Therefore you must know that the combo of black pepper and turmeric is perfect!
Bonus Tip: In some of the golden milk recipes, turmeric is included. But we recommend you to avoid cinnamon before going to bed. You may ask why, but we have the answer. The cinnamon is a powerful stimulant, and it was traditionally used for aromatherapy in order to promote alertness and it has a comforting and warming scent, and this ingredient will jump-start your digestive fire. Therefore you might want to add it into your morning cup of tea!
Whenever you include turmeric into your life, you must be aware of the turmeric absorption as well. The bio-ability of the curcumin is enhanced by 2000% by the black pepper. Share this article with your friends and family, if you find it helpful and interesting!